Family Holiday Destination (FHD)
The Catalan Tourist Board awards the Family Holiday Destination (FHD) seal of approval to distinguish towns that are particularly sensitive to this market segment, providing facilities and services adapted to the needs of families with children.
These towns are certified as providing accommodation, catering, and leisure and freetime facilities for younger visitors. Once verified by ACT inspectors, resorts are awarded the FHD seal of approval to certify that they provide such services and amenities.
Valls d'Àneu (Àneu Valleys) were certified in 2013. It was the first destination in Catalonia to get the FHD seal. Formed by the municipalities of Esterri d'Àneu, La Guingueta d'Àneu, Alt Àneu and Espot, the Valleys achieved this certification thanks to its natural environment, which includes the Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici National Park and the Alt Pirineu Natural Park, to its high quality of tourism services and to all the activities offered for children.
More info: http://www.vallsdaneu.org
Destinations awarded the FHD seal of approval guarantee the following:
• Specialised services for families.
• Particular attention to safety rules, both in public spaces and all other establishments certified with the brand or awarded the seal of approval.
• Large programme of entertainment, services and activities for children.
• Facilities adapted for children in public areas, accommodation services and other amenities.
• Easy access to information about daily programmes of activities, helping visitors to plan their stay better.
The seal of approval guarantees visitors that families will enjoy a series of advantages in terms of services adapted to their specific needs: ID wristbands, family rooms and/or directly communicated rooms, safe children's swimming pools, availability of cradles, children's clubs on the beach, monitors, adapted catering facilities, children's street shows and entertainment, public play and leisure facilities for children, theme and water parks, cycle routes, etc.